By Martin Skinner
On request & dedicated to our new godson Archie Campbell.
Lesson Number 1 – Just add FUN
Firstly what I don’t mean:
- I don’t mean just do exactly what you want when you want – other people are important and you should always try to be considerate.
- I don’t mean just do the easy fun things (consume) before you do the hard things (contribute) – you should do the quite the reverse, contribute first then reap the rewards. It tastes better that way.
Now what I do mean:
- Don’t take yourself too seriously – the sooner you learn to laugh at yourself the less life’s critics can get you down.
- Savour the funnier moments (“always look on the light side of life”), particularly at tough times, and people will greatly appreciate you for it. Life can be boring and worse at times – but only if you allow it to be.
- Dare to be different. It’s easy to want to fit in, particularly when you’re young. But if you want to be special you need to think about how to stand out.
- Take risks – consider your options then get out there and test them out. “You have to be in it to win it.”
- Get a shark hat ! You’ll just have to trust me on this one.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.